Wednesday, October 9, 2013

DR.PRAEGER'S CALIFORNIA VEGGIE BURGERS




On my journey to become healthier I'm trying out new foods to add to my healthy eating lifestyle. I'm always looking for great tasting meat alternatives. I know just by reducing the amount of meats in your diet you can cut down your risk factors for so many diseases.


I love burgers.. I love the texture, smell and how you can add your favorite toppings to make your burger taste so good! I'm on a search to find vegan or veggie burgers that are healthy and full of flavor. Not all vegan or veggie burgers are healthy you have to read the ingredients be sure to look at the calorie, fat and sodium amounts. I know many of you are probably just like me. You want to find great tasting meat alterative burgers but may be a skeptical in trying a new product.


                                               Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burger
                                        

I was at Whole Foods grocery shopping and I came across Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burgers. The price was in my budget, it's $4.99 for a box of 4 individually wrapped burgers.  The burger size is 2.75 oz. The veggie burgers are vegan, no animal product at all in these burgers, not even eggs or milk however, they are made in a facility that uses wheat, soy, milk, eggs and fish. I never heard of Dr. Praeger's  Sensible foods so I wanted to find out their story and what other types of foods they make. After doing some research on Dr. Praeger's, I found out that it all started in 1994  cardiac surgeon Dr. Peter Praeger and his medical partner, Dr. Eric Somberg, helped keep a family business alive. They bought Ungar’s Gefilte Fish – a popular food company within the Jewish and Yiddish communities. The doctors set out to help people see nutritious food in a new light. They expanded the company to include all-natural and sensible products to appeal to a wider consumer base. Dr. Praeger’s Sensible Foods, now includes dozens of all-natural, kosher frozen foods.
 




                                                       Cooked veggie burger


  I added vegan grape seed mayo and some banana peppers 
 
 

  I was a little scared to try the veggie burgers. I've had some bad experiences with some other brands. I tried some that tastes like cardboard ..well I never tasted cardboard, so I should say the texture was hard and taste was bland and dry.  If I'm going to eat healthy it has to taste good! I  won't eat nasty tasting food I don't care how good it is for me.

Dr. Praegers  veggie burgers are very good. I really like the burgers. The burgers are well seasoned they have a good texture and they are moist. Everything I look for in a burger this burger has.  You can actually see the vegetables in the burger. Although,  it's made with all veggies the burger doesn't have a strong veggie taste. I wouldn't consider it a burger because of the size.  It's more like a veggie patty . You may need to eat two to satisfy your hunger, eating two is fine because they are only 110 calories per burger. Overall, I am very pleased and I will purchase them again 

I purchased the burgers at Whole Foods if you don't have a Whole Foods near you can buy them online. I called the customer service department because I had a question regarding the product and I spoke with a nice young man named John well I think his name was John I'm so bad with names. The customer service was great and that's very important to me as a customer, if you have great food and great customer service that's a win in my book! Give  Dr. Praegers Sensible foods a try and let me know what you've tried and how you liked it.

Here's a link to their website http://www.drpraegers.com





The ingredients were plain and simple, no words I couldn't pronounce and I knew what every ingredient was. The ingredients was all veggie and some seasonings.

Ingredient list : Carrots, Onions,  String Beans, Oat Bran, Soybeans, Zucchini, Peas, Broccoli, Corn, Soy Flour, Spinach, Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Red Peppers, Arrowroot, Corn Starch, Garlic, Corn  Meal, Salt, Parsley, Black Pepper.

Non GMO, No Tran Fat, No Saturated Fat, No Cholesterol

No comments:

Post a Comment